If you are thinking of revamping the garage or basement floors, have you ever thought of rubber flooring?
Rubber flooring is becoming quite popular as opposed to the more expensive tiles of today. It is now considered as a practical choice for different floor areas whether indoors or outdoors. This means that you can use them on staircases or the basement. You would be surprised at the number of classy flooring that rubber has covered these days.
Rubber Flooring Choices
There are two basic options to begin with if you want rubber flooring for your home – rubber sheets or rubber tiles. You can opt for natural, synthetic or recycled flooring depending on your budget and room requirements.
Recycled types are chosen mostly by those who embrace a green lifestyle.
Rubber sheets are seen as the better choice of the two. Compared to rubber tiles, these offer more protection against moisture, thus, it causes less water damage. There are plenty of style options for rubber sheets.
To start, measure the area that needs to be covered by the sheets. It is also wise to estimate the number of sheets that are going to be used. As soon as you determine the figures for these, it is time to choose the design for your flooring. Will you want textured patterns or the plain ones? Choosing the patterns for these sheets can also be affected by the area where they are going to be used. For instance, lighter colors are needed for cramped living rooms while you can opt for darker shades if you have domed ceilings and the widest spaces to work on.
Commercial or home gyms are the most common users of rubber flooring. These special rooms come in an array of colors and textures. Laundry rooms and kitchens these days have also embraced the beauty and functionality that is offered by rubber flooring.
Rubber tiles come in square shapes, hence, they are a lot easier to carry and install. If you just take time to look through the options for this rubber flooring type, you will see that all come with adhesive backing that is protected by a thin film.
A major advantage of rubber tiles is that they can cover a floor that has existing tiles or coverings as long as they are leveled. You can interlock the rubber tiles and cover more areas in no time. You can also create the most beautiful patterns with the use of rubber tiles. Just mix and match the different textures and designs and you could create the most amazing styles in different rooms.
- Rubber flooring is obviously easy to maintain
- It is resilient to moisture
- It can provide utmost foot comfort
- Rubber flooring can also offer padding for people who need to stand for longer periods of time. Cushioning has been known to reduce foot injury and fatigue.
- It is stable
- It is PVC free
- It is slip resistant
- Rubber flooring offers optimum sound absorption
- It is static resistant
- There are some types of rubber flooring that offers 80% less slippage.
- It can easily absorb impact.
- Rubber flooring is difficult to scratch, hence, they are quite durable.
- It is resistant to chemical spills or cigarette burns
- It is also resilient to mold, mildew and stains
- It can be used for color uniformity
- Rubber flooring, as long as it is disposed off correctly, has no environmental or health risks.
- Natural rubber is a renewable and recyclable material
There is a reason behind rubber flooring’s popularity these days. Don’t you think it’s about time to try it in your home?