Remodeling can involve the improvement of insulation and plumbing, painting your room to give it a new color, improvement of electrical components or repair of old walls.
- In perfect painting & remodeling, the planning stage is very important for the project to be successful. You should ensure you have consulted with the experts to find out estimates; contractors can give you a hand with this. If the remodeling involves reconstruction of structures, you can consult an engineer, and also remember to take your permit. In this stage, you also have to decide if you will need the help of an architect, contractors, designer-builder or any other professional to help you with the implementation of your design–preferably Perfect Painting & Remodeling
Tips for when you’re planning: always stick to the budget, to avoid any mishaps later in the project. If it is your kitchen you are working on, budget well, and know that you will be eating out for the time being, or you can set up a mini-kitchen somewhere else.
- You should review your plan for achievability with your contractor, and also ask for suggestions on how to reduce the cost. After that, select materials and products that you are going to need, not forgetting to prioritize.
- After all is set, remove all the furniture in the work areas, and all of your personal belongings. If the remodeling involves reconstruction, some of the walls may be demolished. The demolition stage is followed by framing the walls, floors, and also the roof. The windows are also installed. You can skip this step if you did not demolish any walls or add any built-ins. This is the right phase to frame, if your project requires it.
- Next, you can continue with plumbing rough-ins, running electric cables and installation of conduits. This is the mechanical phase; not all room remodels have this stage. This phase has a number of restrictions concerning the materials to be used. You can always consult Perfect Painting & Remodeling for assistance, if you are having problems tackling this project on your own. While the walls are still open, remember to install insulation for energy efficiency; this applies mostly to old houses, which probably have poor-quality insulation.
- What follows is the creation of a smooth wall through installing new drywall panels, and finishing with drywall tape and mud. If your project involves the installation of a new ceiling, the best way to do it is by hanging the drywall ceiling first, followed by the walls. Apply joint compound, and sand them to be smooth enough so that you have a great wall.
- Finally, tape and fill the drywall seams, and add the final touches so that you wrap up the whole project. You can now paint, trim windows, install new fixtures, set the cabinets and install the baseboard.
Perfect Painting & Remodeling can help you with any aspect of your project, so don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re here for you!
Useful Reference Links
30 Tips for Increasing Your Home’s Value
30 Expert Tips for Increasing the Value of your home
5 Free Ways to Make Any Room Feel More Spacious & Look Better
7 Tips to Boost Your Site’s Conversion Rate Using Images