Do you need an architect for planning permission? This is a question asked by many, and today we are going to find out. Planning permission is an important document that is issued by the local government. It shows that your construction is safe to start and that you have fully met the requirements in the document.
These requirements act as a safety protection for those who are going to use the property in the future. An architect is a trained professional who is experienced in working in this area and will help with planning permission. With that said, let’s look at what you need to know about planning permission.
Do You Need an Architect for Planning Permission and What Is Their Work?
An architect plays various roles in planning permission. Discover some below.
· Preparing documents – The first role of an architect will answer your question: do you need an architect for planning permission? This is the preparation of documents. An application for planning permission is a process of its own. Your architect will collect information as per the requirements set by the government in your state or country and prepare the documents for submission. For an easier process, you can work with reputable companies such as Humphreysandsons for the best architectural services and more.
· Completing the application – Do you need an architect for planning permission? Yes, you do. An architect carries out the application processes. You do not have to worry about the paperwork; just leave it to them. They will describe the design and provide all the information needed to complete the application for you.
· Selecting builders – Once the planning permission is approved, your next step is to find the best builders to work on your project. Who is better than an architect to find the most suitable for this job? They have been in this field for a long time, and every day they interact with various builders. Therefore, they can help you find the right ones.
· Developing appealing designs – When applying for planning permission, you will require designs to illustrate your project. Architects can create better designs. These designs will not only get you planning permission instantly but also make your property more desirable if you plan to sell it in the future.
· Value for your money – Do you need an architect for planning permission? It might seem expensive to hire a professional for planning permission. But you also have to think of the disadvantages that will come if you do not hire one. Your planning permission might end up getting rejected, hence leading to the closure of the entire construction site. At the end of it, all this will only cause losses.
Do You Need an Architect for Planning Permission and Who Is Responsible for Issuing It?
The body responsible for planning permission is usually the local government authority. They are also responsible for site inspection, which normally happens in the first or second week of construction.
Under What Conditions Is a Planning Permission Not Required?
Not every construction project requires planning permission. In cases where you are building a rear or side extension, planning permission is not required. Also, when you are hosting a temporary building for a few days, you do not need planning permission.
Planning permission is an important document to have when building. If you are unaware of the process of obtaining it, you can always hire an architect for a stress-free process. We hope your question “Do you need an architect for planning permission?” is answered.