New kitchens are rewards that you can give yourself and your loved ones. Considered as the heart of your home, the kitchen is where socialization can happen, where home-works are done, and family occasions are celebrated. In short, this is a place where memories are made so you have learn some tips in designing a kitchen.
Rehab or Complete Reconstruction?
Whether you are building a kitchen from scratch or you are reconstructing, anyone’s dream kitchen should not be a difficult task to accomplish. When designing your kitchen, remember that this is a place where you nurture your family’s bodies and souls. You would, of course, want this to be an efficient, beautiful and a comfortable room.
But where should you begin when you want to make this part of your home look lovely?
- Begin by knowing what you need and also what you want. Before you set out on a kitchen project, you must have complete access to the materials that will make your dream kitchen a reality. Determine what kind of kitchen will suit your home.
- Next, you have to decide whether you will have an old kitchen remodeled or complete reconstructed. A kitchen that is already falling apart is no longer an inspiring room to work in. This does not automatically mean that you need to tear down an entire room. Sometimes, all it takes is a few decorative changes and you will be surprised at the revitalized look that you get to achieve.
- When working on a tight budget, it may not be as easy to design a kitchen. One aspect that you need to acquire when designing a kitchen is patience. Patience keeps you from spiraling out of control. Whether you are rebuilding or simply renovating this part of your home, you will realize that there are so many small expenses that can suddenly come up. You need to go through a planning stage so that unnecessary costs are avoided. Remember that there are now a lot of effective ways to lower the prices down. There is simply no reason why your dream kitchen’s price should become a nightmare.
- Hire a professional to help you with the design. DIY projects may seem okay as it can save you some money but when you look at it, you tend to save more in the long run. So how do you save money by hiring an interior designer?
A pro can help you save time as he can implement design elements in a jiff. He already has a concrete structure for most of the projects that are presented his way. Also, you save money because the designer does the project right the first time. You won’t have to worry about a haphazard design if you allow a professional to work with you.
- As soon as you have assessed your needs, decide on how you would go about in executing your plans. You wouldn’t want to have a sink that is positioned too far away from the kitchen fridge.
A huge part of your kitchen assessment is to know the exact size and shape of your kitchen. Plan around a kitchen that comes with an odd shape. There are three types of kitchen shapes – L-shaped, U-shaped and the G-shaped kitchen. Find out where to position major appliances and furniture inside these different layouts.
Eat-in or casual kitchens, breakfast nook and counter dining are informal kitchen styles that you can consider. Kitchen islands are also quite famous. These are all highly functional designs that you can choose from when designing a kitchen.
Useful Reference Links
How to Design a Kitchen
30 Kitchen Design Ideas – How To Design Your Kitchen
10 Kitchen Layout Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
Plan Your Kitchen with RoomSketcher
Planning a Kitchen Layout With New Cabinets | DIY
How to design the perfect kitchen – Curbed
Common Kitchen Layouts – Layouts – Design
How to Correctly Design and Build a Kitchen