Here are 10 different ways of making your backyard landscape beautiful and comfortable the way you love it. Low-maintenance and affordable all year long.
So having the right mix of colorful perennial plants and design elements for relaxing, fun outdoor spaces will continue to be a focal point.
People are looking to create outdoor spaces where they can spend time and maximize the use of it for several seasons,” he says. “People’s lifestyles are busy. They still want beautiful gardens and spaces, but they don’t want to spend the time maintaining them.”
- Outdoor living. Three-season outdoor living and entertaining continue to be trendy – think outdoor living rooms with fireplaces, fire pits, heaters, misters, umbrellas, pergolas, sail shades, and string lights or other lighting.
- Color. Lots of color in your landscape – from plants and blooms to your window boxes and porch. It extends to your outdoor furniture and accessories, too. View these galleries for inspiration.
- Low maintenance. Keeping a low-maintenance landscape allows people to enjoy their outdoor spaces without as much hard work. It also helps your landscape lower its watering needs. It’s simple as adding mulch, to help keep weeds at bay and keep plants moist, so they don’t require as much water. Another tip: Reduce the size of your labor-intensive lawn by planting more garden beds and using the ground cover, such as juniper, creeping Jenny, or thyme.
- Conservation. This trend is about composting, growing your own vegetables to eat, permeable pavement, xeriscaping and other ways to preserve natural resources while lowering your carbon footprint.
- Native plants. Native plants are indigenous to an area. When you go native, your plants are naturally adapted to the landscape, including harsh environments and soil conditions, so they grow with little effort. Natives include perennial ornamental grasses in most U.S. plant zones.
- Perennials. Because perennials come back year after year, you’ll save time in the garden. Many are adapted to cold and hot spells. Most just need mulch to stay warm in winter. See our top five perennials for your garden in our Plant Finder and read about perennials that can take the heat.
- Water features. With more interest in serenity in the landscape, fountains, ponds, or saltwater pools have become popular.
- Rain gardens. Building on conservation, rain gardens can put the rain to use at the root of your plants, including perennials, ornamental grasses, and more. Bioswales, or indentations in the landscape to steer the rain, are also popular, especially where drainage is an issue. In this case, you’ll plant greenery to soak up the runoff. Rain barrels, which often capture drainage from your gutter, fit in easily with rain gardens.
- Garden art. The elements of design in your landscape might include abstract or playful art in the garden such as statues or shiny whirligigs that catch the wind.
- Storage. With all the entertaining outside, you’ll need a place to store all the extras, such as in a shed or a deck storage box.
Backyard Landscaping you’ll wish you knew about sooner.
Your backyard landscaping is going to have to be about many different things but the most important one of these if your well being. Most people get into backyard landscaping because they want to change the look and feel of their home, they want to make it a wonderful place where their family can feel safe and comfortable at all times.
Backyard landscaping Sacramento is a great way to add some more peace to your life whether you are alone or you have a large family and tons of kids. You will be able to create a sanctuary with your backyard landscaping that you have never had before in your life.
Backyard landscaping does not have to be drastic or hard. You can do your own backyard landscaping or you can hire a contractor to do it all for you. The choice is yours but doing it yourself can be a lot of work, especially if you do not have any experience in this type of thing.
There are all kinds of things that you will need to learn about before you start doing your own backyard landscaping. You will have to take a crash course in landscaping and this course will be jammed packed with all kinds of info that you never even knew was out there.
You may be able to save some money on the work if you do your won backyard landscaping but if you screw things up too badly you may end up paying even more to get everything fixed.
If you want to get some backyard landscaping done you should only do it yourself if it is going to be a simple and straightforward job. If you need irrigation things dealt with and planes and elevations leave it to the professionals that do it for a living. These things may be over your head entirely.
You need to watch out how you go about your backyard landscaping or you could end up with quite a mess on your hands.
There are a couple of great places for you to learn some more about backyard landscaping such as the local public library and the internet. You can get many backyard landscaping books out of the library and these will help you to make the best decisions as to your landscaping needs. You can also get many do it yourself tips online.